banner

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dilemma [awww] **career, karir and courier**

upon reading my title, i bet Nelly and Kelly Rowland popped in your mind...

[plus the LSS worthy portion, "and i.. love you,,, AWWWW, and i need you... AWWWW" ]

okay, so here it goes, im having this dilemma about a lot of things.. from as simple as which earrings to pair with my outfit to as complex as which career path should i take...

sabi nga nila, walang kulay ang buhay pag walang problema, so eto, nagcreate ako ng mga problema para maging makulay ang sinabawang buhay ko..

Problem Number 1: Career

okay, so by December, I will be leaving Ogilvy. I have worked for them for 5months din.. pero as for my opinion, I havent done anything significant.. although at first, Ms. Leah's briefing to me was that I am mostly needed for research and I'm proud to say that Ive done everything to make the research work time-saving and substantial. Pero yung unang-unang research ko, grabeh not palpak naman, pero sobrang feeling ko yun yung make or break ko, imagine nagpresent ka ba naman sa Directors...

eh again, halfbaked research yun.. so ayun.. i guess thats one big factor why i havent received any offers to stay.. plus the fact na cost cutting ang office and that they are on freeze hiring, which actually sucks not only for me but for the number of applicants who were already interviewed and are continuosly hoping that they'll land a job in Ogilvy...

Okay, going back to the problem, things actually turned murky ever since i had my century long internships... before, I was just a simple girl. All i wanted was to be part of the media. I was willing to go and cover police beats, unearth news worthy crimes from the police blotter and interview stout investigators... one time, I even covered a Labor Day rally, thank god it was peaceful....

that was when i was still in Print Journalism... and i realized, there's no way id get rich writing for Bandera.... so then i jumped to GMA Network.. it was one hell of a crazy ojt.. i only attended my program, Imbestigador for two weeks, because the other two weeks were dedicated for ELection 2007 coverage.. so i guess i did not felt the TV media life that much....

Then, I decided for myself.. IM GONNA go and pursue ADVERTISING...

but then, one professor of mine who taught Principles of Advertising thought I was stupid and not creative enough, so he gave me a C plus grade and shredded my resume I submitted personally at his office, Jimenez Basic...

So my dreams of pursuing Advertising was shattered, and then there was Events Management... it was fun.. it was exciting.. and you get to meet a lot of people.. OKAY THEN, I WILL GO AND PURSUE EVENTS MANAGEMENT...

but then I received a call from the professor saying that I have to leave Activenture Events because I was "in" at Ogilvy, Darn. Just when i was starting to enjoy the events management life...

amf.

thought i was under advertising, but another big shock, i was in public relations.
whoah. never knew there were agencies that handle PR... so when i was interviewed, i thought i was there for events, so i thought it was for PR, but no, it was for research. okay, i told myself. i could learn by observation, right?

so 4 (turning 5) months came and i was still researching.. i did a couple of writing stints, media relations and follow ups (which also ended up bad) and did some partying too...

pero eto, the end is near, so i must face, the final curtain....... did i did it my way?

amf.. by december, i'll start bumming around na naman.. sabi ni sir dy, okay na daw akong magstop mag-ojt eh... ewan ko ba, wala pa nga akong 800 hours eh.. ewan..

Pero on the other side, i could divert my time to the following:

1. thesis - defense on January
2. The scholastican - Folio, Magazine
3. Selling my product - Wafu Face and Body Powder (coming soon!)
4. Advanced Marketing Subject - where I was voted Events secretary for Major event in Feb
5. SLIM DOWN and prepare for my walk (sa stage for GRADUATION)

Problem Number 2: "Karir"

hmmm.. So its November 20, and my former number 2, who incidentally was also my problem number 2 before, called me up today. It was his birthday. I forgot. Pero walang kaso dun, especially after all the bad things he did to me.

Althought aaminin ko, nabother ako, at tinanong ko sarili ko, bakit ako affected sa pangungulit niya. He wanted to see me, kahit kain lang daw sa labas, treat niya, bawi lang daw sa mga KASAMAAN niya sakin.

Ako naman, bakit pa? eh may boyfriend na ako ngayon... at masaya na ako ngayon...

pero bothered talaga ako... ewan...

and about jed naman... ayokong magsabi ng nararamdaman kong hindi maganda dito... kasi mababasa niya to, alam ko...

nakakalungkot lang na parang ako na naman nagaalaga sayo.. ewan, ayoko sabihin dito. alam ko may mga family problems ka din, kaya ayoko makisabay pero nainis lang ako, pauunahin mo na nga lang ako sa jeep di mo pa magawa.. alam ko eto na simula eh, ganyan din si Adrian dati, sa simula, napaka gentleman.. pero nang lumaon, wala na rin pakialam sakin. wag niyong sabihing iba ka, kasi parepareho lang mga lalaki.

PUSTAHAN ISANG MILYON, PAG LUMOBO PA AKO, NAGKALIBAG SA LEEG, DUMOBLE ANG PUSON AT MAGING APAT ANG BABA IN SHORT, PAG NAGKAANAK NA AKO, MAHALIN MO PARIN KAYA AKO??

talaga naman ang mga "karir" pampasakit lang ng ulo. hmmp.

Problem Number 3: Courier

Twas Mama's bday last November 19... and i was planning to send her a package... via a courier.. Fedex siguro.. or whatever na mura..

now i was thinking which gift should i buy her.. syempre me value dapat but definitely dapat hindi mabigat..

nakakatawa man, pero ang wishlist ni mama ay:

1. DVD ng Series ni Kim Chiu at Gerald Anderson
2. DVD ng Iisa Pa Lamang

at naisip ko..
3. DVD ng Mamma Mia (which I recently watched and applauded for the feel good treatment of the whole film plus for casting PIERCE BROSNAN whom Ive been drooling for for years)

4. CD ng ABBA
5. Duster
6. Plus my newspaper clipping ng Phil Star Supreme where I was featured...
(para naman one proud momma si mudraks ko...)

pero ang catch, ayaw naman niya, bakit, ewan ko dun..

kasi daw uuwi na siya... oh shit! im sooo excited na to see her.. at pag hindi natuloy, i might hate her for the rest of my remaining life..

lang beses na niya ako pinaasa.. amf..

3 years old niya ako iniwan.. walang uwian... ngayon 21 na ako, gurang na...

kung pwede lang ipackage niya ang sarili niya and send via courier eh, sana matagal na siyang andito.....

--end--


0 Comments:

Post a Comment