banner

Thursday, November 6, 2008

conscience comes....eventually

And so, when the bad deed is done.. that’s when it suddenly hits you.. the feeling like you’ve just been hit by a bus, or like when your favorite manicurista suddenly pulled out a 2 month old ingrown.. or the feeling when your pototoy was ipit by a zipper…
(or that’s too much of a sudden pain?)

The feeling Im talking about is miliminute-long feeling that you experience after doing something bad, the time when your conscience rubs in the statement “Hala ka, salbahe ka, lagot ka kay Papa Jesus…..”

When I was doing my daily media monitoring, Pam, my co-worker asked me na isabay yung glass niya palabas sa pantry…

I was like, “Ayoko nga, dati nagpasabay din ako sayo ng payment para sa food, di mo man lang kinuha yung bayad ko… hmpp”

Sabay talikod and went to the pantry.. and pam was uttering, “Aba, at talagang iniwan ang baso ko…”

I was making my evil grin while walking the corridor..but just as I was refilling my glass with cold water…. My conscience, which was probably asleep that time, suddenly woke up and showed me a cinematic flashback of the good things Pam did to me…

Hahaha… she practically briefed me about everything when I was just starting, and besides, takbuhan ko siya pag lobat ako and need ko ng Share A Load (pero never ako napasahan ni Pam, kuripot! Hehe)

Pero the point, she’s been nice, and I don’t have the right to make “gulang”

Hindi ko nga alam what has gotten into me, parang biglang naisip ko, “its payback time.”

Pero mas bothering pala yung feeling na may taong magiisip sayo na you are not nice…

Kaya I hurriedly went back to the media monitoring room and told Pam na kinulit ako ng conscience ko..

Sabi nga ni Pam, “Yeah, ganyan talaga ang conscience, minsan late kung dumating, pero surely, darating yan…”

So apologies Pam, and apologies sa lahat, you’ve been a good sport!

And one realization, may conscience pala ako?

Kayo, any interactions with your conscience?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment