banner

Saturday, May 16, 2009

sarap ng unang sweldo.

two weeks came so fast.. i did not have the chance to blog about my first few experiences from work..

but i guess it doesn't matter anymore... what matters is..............

THE UNANG SWELDO.

I accepted the job even the offer was way below what I expected..

Why? Because Sir made me believe that he believes in me... may sense ba?

I cannot explain the feeling, but it was a confidence booster to be the first choice among other applicants....

Thank God I worked hard for the past two weeks and it paid off, i got an increase! I'll endure this for three months.. August would mark the end of my training... after that, I hope Sir would increase my salary again!

It felt great when Atty. Ann, my superior, handed me the check... I have been praying to have an increase and God did answer my prayer.. I wasnt expecting much though because I am still under training...

Yesterday, I received a letter from Cityland... It states that the school endorsed me blah blah blah blah and I was asked to visit their office for interview...

I was like.... what the hell... I am already employed and here are a few reasons why I have to pursue working in Templo & Templo....

1. My Astrologist says so.

I am an avid fan of Susan Miller (google her) because most of the time, her readings and forecasts happens and my April forecast was like:

Now let's turn to the subject of your career, which should bring sensational developments at month's end. Watch for opportunities that come up just after the new moon of April 24 arrives. In the days and weeks that follow this new moon, you could score a major professional breakthrough. All new moons bring a window of about two weeks, but this one brings your most interesting opportunities during the first week, April 24-30.


I submitted by CV April 27 and got interviewed same day... I was asked to report back to the office April 30 and was asked to start working on May 4th!

To be clear, top jobs take weeks and months to win. What matters is that you begin to interview for the right job now. Opportunities should start to emerge at this new moon, and that's what will be new.

Forget those past disappointments, dear Leo. You are looking at a whole new picture, and it's a brighter, happier one than you had in your head. Learn from past interviews and experiences in your job search, of course, but be optimistic, too. Rarely have you had such a perfect time to claim your rightful place in the industry you work within.


2. I am learning so much working with Lawyers!

Management
The office is sooooo organized... everything is properly monitored, recorded and supervised... Imagine, all calls, mails and persons entering and leaving the office are recorded, all of our tasks are logged in a time sheet with 10 minute intervals (e.g. 9:00, 9:10, 9:20, 9:30) plus everyday, you have to accomplish a memo containing what have you accomplished for the day!

The operations of the firm is not perfect, but it is a good benchmark in terms of promoting hardwork and passion for what you do.....

When I leave this office, I am definitely sure I will do the same management in our company..(uhmmm.. minus some of the unprofessionalism lurking within the walls of the office)

Sales
I am actually doing fieldwork for the company, doing sales talk and company pitch... it was my least favorite in Marketing but I guess it what keeps any firm alive and kicking... Salespersons drive money in. That's about it.

I really have to learn from it because that would actually be my work for our rubber manufacturing company in the future....

Uhmmm.. still have to pratice my english verbal skills
Believe it or not I am not comfortable speaking in english.. or should i say whenever I get comfortable with people, i tend to speak more in tagalog... which is not preferred since we are a U.S. Immigration firm and my boss is U.S. Immigration Attorney..tsk tsk tsk.. have to.. have to practice... tsk!

So I guess that's about it...


Just promoting, for U.S. Visa Processing assistance... check our website...

templolaw.com


ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment