banner

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

a letter to my professor (re: job hunt status)

Hi Sir T,

Madami-dami na akong inapplayan and here's a rundown:

1. Philippine Airlines - very strict with weight and height requirements. I applied for Ticketing Officer and yet was asked to lose 20 pounds. I passed the initial impact interview but was advised to return after losing pounds to secure an exam schedule.

2. Nickelodeon Asia - Marketing Coordinator Position, they were looking for someone with experience

3. Brand Asia Ltd. - Copywriter, undergone 1 day training, was paid for the day. I wasnt able to commit that time because I had to finish school stuffs. They already hired my co-trainee.

4. GMA Network Inc - Researcher for News and Public Affairs, had an exam but no feedback yet. Still processing a lot of applications. No openings under Corporate Communications.

5. SEO Brand Media Inc. - Web Content Writer, was asked to submit sample works to Ms. Ayla Sevilla, HR Officer.
asevilla@seobrandmedia.com

6. Regal Films - Promo and Advertising Assistant, was asked to report to office and bring comprehensive resume. c/o Analyn Requintel, HR Officer. Office is at Unit 808 Tycoon Center Pearl Drive Ortigas Center Pasig City

7. Templo and Templo Consultants - US Immigration Consultancy Firm
Field Marketing Assistant/Business Development Manager - I applied for the former position but upon interview, the boss Atty. Mike Templo (from ANC Program, Crossing Borders) said he would consider me for the latter position! Our training will start on May 11 but I was asked to report tomorrow, April 30. He needs a Personal Assistant/Production Assitant for his media programs and I was experienced for the position too (Mass Comm background).

Nonetheless I was soo happy that I gave my 110% for my marketing plan because during our interview, I gladly suggested on points to improve the marketing of the firm.

It was a small firm 3 year old firm but was making a generous amount of money. Wala kasing kalaban, kundi yung mga travel agencies lang na hindi specialty ang legal matters.

The 3 people running his marketing team left him for personal reasons (who were 3 attys too by the way) so he is planning to create a 5 person marketing team. i am not sure how many of us were invited on the group interview/training on May 11 but i will sure jumpstart my career tomorrow!!

Thank you Sir T (Sir Dy and Sir Rex!)

Have a great summer!

PS:
who is the new chairperson???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment